Would you like to help us at The Abbot Kitty Lounge? Our space is limited, but we always have things that need to be done, including having folks to interact and play with our kittens & cats.
Volunteering may include any of the following duties, but you can’t just volunteer for a specific duty. We may need specific things done at any time that take priority and need to know our volunteers will willingly help us with any of the items below:
- Playing / interacting with the kittens & cats
- Brushing / combing some cats
- Scooping litter & sweeping up
- Cleaning up messes, hairballs and kinda gross stuff.
- Filling food bowls & water
- Cleaning up litterbox accidents, inside the litterbox or out.
- Folding towels and blankets
- Filling out animal evaluation sheets
- Taking photos in the lounge & sharing on Instagram or email/text to our main contacts.
- Monitoring guests that are in the lounge interacting with the kittens/cats and making sure our policies regarding behavior towards and handling of the animals is strictly adhered to. This is for the safety of the animals so you must be willing, if necessary, to immediately confront anyone who is not handling any animal properly. Customers are explained specifically instructions on handling the animals and they sign an agreement as they go along, so they should know clearly how to behave. Some however put taking a selfie above handling the animals comfortably and safely and that is never tolerated.
Working with the rescues is incredibly rewarding. If you are interested, fill out the form below. Please be as complete as possible regarding the times you may be available.