Hooray! Adopting a kitten or cat (or both!) can bring years of joy and companionship in a way that only cats can give! If you are interested in adopting any of our kittens or cats…start here!
1. Complete and submit the Adoption Application online. Please make sure it is filled out completely, and that it was submitted successfully.
2. If you have not personally met the kitten or cat that you want to adopt, please visit The Abbot Kitty Lounge by requesting an appointment here. You can always drop by, but we encourage making an appointment so we can be sure to arrange an exclusive visit with just yourself and any family members. (18 & older only inside the lounge)
3. If your application is approved, we will contact you via email and follow up with a phone call to discuss the particulars of preparing your home and life for kitty!
4. We ask for a minimum tax-deductible, charitable donation* of $150.00 for the adoption of an individual cat, or $250 for the adoption of a pair (two cats adopted together). Donations may be made online (via a secure PayPal transaction) or in-person via cash.
*If possible – you can always make a larger donation, as it enables us to rescue another cat from the streets or a shelter and provide it comprehensive medical care. We were able to rescue the cat you are applying for because of someone else’s donation. The combination of medical care and supplies for each cat typically costs us over $220 per cat. Unfortunately, some cats come to us very sick and require thousands of dollars of medical care. Because our organization is a non-profit run entirely by volunteers, we rely solely on donations to continue rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming abandoned and neglected cats. Donations are non-refundable.
5. We will have you sign an Adoption Agreement detailing the terms of the adoption, the animals known history and medical care.
6. That is all! Prepare your cat carrier and prepare to come fetch yer kitty!